BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dyson Review

A few weeks ago my fourth vacuum bit the dust. Why I have so much trouble with vacuums, I'll never know. The day the vacuum started spitting out random bits of stuff at me, I began researching for a new one, because I knew it's days were numbered.
I was right - they were.

Even better - all of my research pointed to Dyson. I had been saving my pretty pennies for one, but the old vacuum died a little early and I was sure I was going to have to settle for another less then good brand... but to my surprise, Best Buy had their Dyson's on sale that very week. Yay for me!!!! How was I so lucky?!?!



I was a bit skeptical to spend $350 on a vacuum of all things, but the salesman at Best Buy had a pretty easy sale.
#1. Best Buy gives 100% money back on vacuums if you return them within 30 days of purchase if you aren't satisfied.
#2. Dyson has an 8 YEAR warranty on their vacuums - yep, 8 years. If something goes wrong with it, they will either send someone to fix it, have you come to one of their service centers, or send you a box with postage to send it to them. And the warranty covers everything for 8 years!
#3. It was on SALE! hehe... need I say more?

Well, I made a deal with my husband that we were going to test this thing for the full 30 days and return it if we weren't 100% in love with it. I'm telling you - we have made some big messes - some accidental and some not so accidental - and I couldn't be happier with my Dyson! So far it has stood up against everything my kids have thrown at it.

Here are a few things I love about my Dyson:
#1. The suction power of this vacuum far exceeds every Dirt Devil, Hoover & Bissell we have ever owned.
#2. It is fairly light weight to carry and while vacuuming, it glides very easily along both carpeted and wood floors.
#3. It has handles in all the right places - making carrying this vacuum up and down the stairs much easier then most vacuums.
#4. The power cord on this vacuum is VERY long. In fact, I can can vacuum the whole floor of my house without moving the cord to a different outlet. With other vacuums, I have always had to plug the vacuum in the room I was working in.
#5. The hose on this vacuum has an extra long reach, (I believe it is 17 feet) I live in a house with high ceilings, so this feature is wonderful for me!
#6. It really vacuums on bare floors. Every other vacuum we have ever owned, spits stuff back out on bare floors but this vacuum gets everything!
#7. It is quieter then other vacuums we have owned - in fact - it is quieter then my kids... no really - I can still hear my kids talking - even when it's running.

I'm not going to lie - I was pretty sure this Dyson was going to find it's way back to the store before I tried it, but I am in love with it! I honestly cannot say enough good about this product!!! If you are in the market for a new vacuum, I would highly recommend spending the extra money and getting yourself a Dyson. Mine has been thoroughly kid tested and mother approved!

blog comments powered by Disqus