BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

As Long As It Takes

Maybe it's just me, but isn't it funny how some people get so crazy, excited, even a little protective, when it comes to their alma mater? Of course, I'm not referring to myself at all... Ok, so maybe a little.



I'm a very proud graduate from Liberty University and I feel so very blessed to have been able to spend 4 years of my life as a student there. In fact, if I could have my own way, I would live so much closer to Lynchburg, VA then I do right now! I get a little excited when I hear news about the growth of the school and all the changes that are taking place there. I get protective when I hear people talk about Liberty in a negative way - especially in regards to Dr. Falwell. And I'll admit, I do get a little crazy (In a good way of course!) when I know that I am going to be able to go back for a visit - even if it's only for a day or two... and I get very emotional when it's time to leave.


Liberty University represents so much more to me then just a university built on the side of a mountain - It is the place where I learned more about myself in 4 years then I had in 18 years of my life to that point... it is the place where God found me and picked up the pieces of my very broken heart following the sudden death of my dad just months before... it is the place where he knocked on the door of my heart - and where I would answer. Yes - I do love my alma mater.






I am now 481 miles away from Lynchburg, VA, and I always find it rather exciting when I am out and see someone in my area that went to LU. It happens much more often then you would expect. It always catches me off guard - like the night I was in Wegmans and some guy stopped me and asked me if I actually went to LU... and we chatted for a few minutes about what years we graduated, majors, etc. Or the 3 separate times I have been stopped in Walmart by 2 different graduates and a guy who has a daughter in school there right now.


When we started looking for a church in our area, one of the first one's that we looked at was one that my father-in-law had worked at many years ago as a youth leader. To our surprise, as we were checking out the church we found out that our Senior Pastor went to Liberty as well. I know, I know - there are lots of pastors out there who went to LU, but I still think it's cool. (I guess I'm just proving my point about alma mater's,... hehe).


So anyway, getting to the real point of this blog, I remember it was either my sophomore or junior year in college that I took a FACS class and one of my classmates names was Meredith Andrews. Yep - recording artist - Meredith Andrews... Now, I'm in no way claiming that I was best friends with her or anything like that at all. If I recall correctly, we had two or three classes together and that was about it. But I do remember her singing at convocation and church from time to time and that I loved her voice. So, when she came out with her first CD a few years ago, I was super excited to get my copy - and listened to it ALL the time! If you listen to Christian radio at all, you've heard several of the songs on that album titled The Invitation - You Invite Me In, You're Not Alone, just to name a few.



Well, on March 2, 2010, Meredith released her sophomore album titled "As Long As It Takes." Of course I bought it when it came out and have listened to it everyday since and well - here's what I have to say about it: If there is any CD that you decide to buy in the near future - this is the CD!! I love a lot of Christian music, but if I had to compare it to another artist, my first thought when I listened to it was Natalie Grant, (another artist I love). Meredith has an amazing voice and a heart for Jesus that shines through every song on this album. Every song will both encourage you and challenge you to live for Jesus.


Here is a video link from Meredith Andrews about this newest album:


If you would like to get your copy of Meredith Andrews, As Long As It Takes, you can visit her website - http://www.meredithandrews.com/. Even better - if you purchase your CD by tomorrow, 3/14/10 you can get a second CD free. Keep one in the house and one in the car OR you can pass that second CD along to someone you know in need of a little encouragement!

blog comments powered by Disqus